“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” –Mark 16:15
Legacy Baptist Church believes in reaching the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The New Testament Scriptures clearly show us God’s plan for reaching the lost around the world, and they define the role each church ought to have in accomplishing this important task.
Our church seeks to present the gospel (good news!) to all those who have yet know that the grace of God brings salvation. Legacy faithfully preaches this truth in its church services, and its people faithfully share this same message door to door, in public places, and in opportunities taken in our daily lives.
We desire to see the saints equipped to do the work of God, and our church determines to actively and purposefully prepare its people to labor in the fields of God’s calling. It is our prayer that Legacy Baptist Church will be used to accomplish God’s plan of reaching others both here at home and around the world. Surely, the need is great…and the laborers few.
Legacy has regularly scheduled times of going forth with the gospel, and endeavors to support world-wide missions in the following ways:
1. Send Missionaries (Romans 10:15; Acts 13:3)
2. Pray for Missionaries (2 Corinthians 1:11; Colossians 4:3; 2 Thessalonians 3:1)
3. Financially Support Missionaries (1 Corinthians 9:1-14; Philippians 4:15-18)
4. Read Reports from Missionaries (Proverbs 25:25; Ephesians 6:21-22; Colossians 4:16)
5. Refresh and Encourage Missionaries (1 Corinthians 6:18; 2 Corinthians 7:13; 2 Timothy 1:16)
6. Involve Ourselves with Missionary Works (Philippians 1:5, 4:3; Philemon 1:24)
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” –Romans 1:16